The Law Revision Commission
is the premier repository of all the laws
of Trinidad and Tobago
Established by the Law Revision Act (Chap. 3:03) the Commission's mandate is to prepare, publish and maintain a Revised Edition of the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago. It is the only agency charged with this responsibility.
In pursuance of this mandate the Commission's vision is a -
"A state of the art technology driven organisation providing real time access to
the updated Laws in both textual and electronic format."
Law revision is of cardinal importance to the Administration of Justice and the work of the Parliament. The constant revision of the laws must also be viewed in light of Government's policy to encourage foreign investment, as investors must have accurate and up to date knowledge of the business and financial laws of the country.
The Commission has published a Revised Edition of the Laws in both textual and electronic format. These laws have been updated to December 2007 and a Second Supplement which would further update the laws December 2009 is being undertaken.
The Commission has identified five strategic objectives to ensure that the needs of its stakeholders are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- The need to continuously update and publish the Revised Laws on an annual basis
- The importance of ensuring stakeholder satisfaction by making the updated laws readily accessible in both textual and electronic format
- The significance of becoming the premier repository of all the laws of Trinidad and Tobago and the necessity to undertake the electronic management of this vital repository by using state of the art technology
- The necessity to attract and retain the requisite expertise
- The ability to transform the Commission into a regional body offering services to the wider Caribbean
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Complete set of the Revised Laws (31 volumes) updated to December 2004 priced at $10, 000.
A First Supplement which updates the Laws to December 2007, priced at $750.00.
The updated Laws on CD ROM priced at $500.
Specialised CDs with specific categories of law priced at $250.00.
The Consolidated Index of Acts and Subsidiary Legislation updated to December 2009. (To become available by the end of 2010).